CanTeen CanDo Family Terms and Conditions
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
“Account” means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited. “Agreement” means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us. “Banking day” means a day other than Saturday or Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
“CanTeen” means CanTeen – The Australian Organisation for Young People Living with Cancer.
75 King Street, Newtown, NSW 2042. ABN 77 052 040 516.
“Debit day” means the payment is due by you to CanTeen.
“Debit payment” means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
“Direct debit request” means the Direct Debit Request between us and you.
“Us or we” means CanTeen, (the Debit User) you have authorised by signing a Direct Debit Request.
“You” means the customer who signed the direct debit request or made a verbal agreement over the phone.
“Your financial institution means the financial institution nominated by you on the DDR at which the account is maintained.
- By signing a direct debit request for bank account direct debit, you have authorised CanTeen to arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the direct debit request or over the phone.
- You should check with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account, as direct debiting is not available from all accounts; and your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
- If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, CanTeen may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day.
- CanTeen may vary any details of this agreement or a direct debit request by giving you 14 days written notice in writing.
- You may change the arrangements under a direct debit request by contacting CanTeen on 1800 639 614.
- You may cancel your authority for CanTeen to debit your account at any time by either: giving CanTeen 14 days notice in writing before the next debit day; or arranging it directly with your financial institution.
- It is your responsibility to have sufficient funds available in your account on the debit day. If there is insufficient funds you may incur a fee and/or interest by your financial institution.
- If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account you should contact CanTeen directly on 1800 639 614 and confirm that notice in writing as soon as possible. Alternatively, contact your financial institution.
- Subject to clause 10, CanTeen will keep the information in your direct debit request or verbal request confidential, except: (a) to the extent specifically required by law; or (b) for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- Unless you disclose otherwise, you consent to CanTeen using your non-sensitive personal information (eg. name, address, phone number, email address, other contact details but excludes your bank account details) for future promotional and marketing activities including sending you newsletters and other information that CanTeen believes may be of interest to you. To access, update or correct any information, contact CanTeen at their details nominated above.