Canteen CanDo Family Terms and Conditions
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
Canteen Monthly Donations – Terms and Conditions
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
- “Account” means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited.
- “Agreement” means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us.
- “Banking day” means a day other than Saturday or Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
- “Canteen” means Canteen – The Australian Organisation for Young People Living with Cancer.
- 75 King Street, Newtown, NSW 2042. ABN 77 052 040 516.
- “Debit day” means the payment is due by you to Canteen.
- “Debit payment” means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
- “Direct debit request” means the Direct Debit Request between us and you.
- “Us or we” means Canteen, (the Debit User) you have authorised by signing a Direct Debit Request.
- “You” means the customer who signed the direct debit request, made a verbal agreement over the phone or provided payment details on Canteen’s website.
- “Your financial institution” means the financial institution nominated by you on the DDR at which the account is maintained.
- Debiting Your Account
1.1 By agreeing to a direct debit request, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.2 We will debit your account for the amount authorised on the Direct Debit Request on the 2nd or 16th day of each month after this request is received
1.3 If the Debit Day falls on a day that is not a business day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the nearest business day. If you are unsure about which day your account has, or will be debited please contact Canteen or your financial institution.
- Changes by us
2.1 We may vary any details of this agreement or Direct Debit request at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days written notice.
- Changes by you
3.1 Subject to 3.2 and 3.3, you may change the arrangements under a Direct Debit Request by contacting us on 1800 639 614 or by email: candofamily@Canteen.org.au and quote your serial number.
3.2 If you wish to stop or defer a debit payment you must notify us in writing at least 14 days before the next debit day.
3.3 You may cancel your authority for us to debit your account at any time by providing written notice at least 14 days before the next debit day. You can also contact your financial institution to arrange cancellation of the direct debit.
- Your obligations
4.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit request.
4.2 If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
- a) You may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution,
- b) You must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
4.3 You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
5.1 If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on 1800 639 614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that notice in writing with us as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query. Canteen – 75 King St, Newtown, NSW 2042 | ABN -77 052 040 516 www.Canteen.org.au
5.2 If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited by Canteen we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
5.3 If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding.
5.4 Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter between us and you. If we cannot resolve the matter you can refer it to your financial institution which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
You should check:
- a) With your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- b) That your account details which you have provided to us are correct, by checking them against a recent account statement; and
- c) Your financial institution before completing the direct debit request if you have any queries about how to complete the direct debit request.
7.1 We handle your personal information for purposes including to help provide, administer and develop our programs, services and fundraising activities, process payments and refunds, verify your identity and personal information, maintain and update our records and manage our relationship with you. Providing us your phone number(s), email and mailing address means that we can quickly and effectively update you on our work via these channels, until you decide otherwise. For these purposes, in signing this agreement you agree that your personal information may be shared with trusted third parties or service providers in Australia. In doing so, you agree that we should not be held accountable if the third party breaches the Privacy Act and you understand that you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
7.2 If you would like to change how often you hear from us or do not wish to receive further communication from Canteen please contact our Supporter Care Team on 1800 639 614 or candofamily@Canteen.org.au.
- Limitation of Liability
8.1 Subject to and to the extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any loss or damage that you may suffer arising from the debit arrangements set out in the Agreement, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage occurring.