Adopted from Redkite who launched the program in 2014, ECS helps mitigate the long-term impacts of cancer by supporting young people to reengage with tertiary education or redefine their career aspirations.
Canteen’s ECS consultants can help with:
- keeping up with or taking a break from work or study
- reassessing career and study aspirations
- helping young people to make informed decisions when it comes to finding a meaningful career
- returning to work and study with all the support a young person needs; and
- job readiness skills such as finding work, writing a resume and job interview preparation.
ECS is available to all 15-25 year old cancer patients no matter when they were first diagnosed.