After your treatment is completed, your doctor or treating team should provide you with a treatment summary that details all the care you received, including:
- diagnostic tests done and their results
- type/s of treatment used and amount given
- treatment plans from other health professionals
- support services provided to you
- contact information for key care providers.
You and your GP also should receive a follow-up care or ‘survivorship’ plan. This will include information about:
- the follow-up care you need to have
- plans for managing any treatment side effects if they occur
- signs and symptoms to look out for that might mean cancer has come back
- who to contact if you have any concerns or think the cancer may have returned.
Your plan also should include information about the health professionals and/or organisations that can provide support if you need it, and advice about healthy living.