YCS and Clinical Trials Manager
Nuts and bolts
Full Time, Permanent
This role will oversee the management of five dedicated hospital-based Youth Cancer Services (YCS) for adolescents and young adults (AYA) with cancer, conduct national priority projects focused on improving AYA cancer care, and improve access to clinical trials for young cancer patients. The Clinical Trials Initiative provides funding for clinical research in high lethality cancers and supports greater access to clinical research for young patients treated through the YCS. To date, it has funded trials focused on Sarcoma, Leukemia, Brain and other advanced cancers and is driving increased awareness of available trials for AYAs in Youth Cancer Services and other hospital settings nationally.
As the YCS & Clinical Trials manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plan. You will be responsible for the clinical trials initiative, developing relationships with all partners and stakeholders including hospitals and pharmaceutical companies, overseeing and influencing project partners to successfully complete project outcomes. Furthermore you will monitor to progress of research and manage process (protocol selection process, trial contracts, ethics etc) as well as managing the financial performance.
- Dealing with sensitive, complex matters appropriately and confidentially.
- Meeting stated outcomes in an environment characterised by conflicting priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of federal and state health department government policies, procedures, and initiatives as they relate to the YCS program and Clinical Trials initiative.
- Maintaining oversight of project progress and identifying issues and risks, bringing them to the attention of the GM R&YCS
Is this you?
- A tertiary qualification in health, social sciences/policy, business or other relevant field. Post-graduate qualification desirable.
- At least 4 years experience gained within either Health, Government or Commercial sector ideally with a particular focus on supporting and monitoring major programs, services or projects. Clinical trials experience desirable.
- Creates genuine tangible results by building lasting relationships with stakeholders, interacts confidently and employs astute perception with strong listening and questioning skills
- Highly organised and delivers according to deadlines; able to manage the process of implementation by other stakeholders
- Ability to read, understand and advise on health and policy information that is complex, detailed and technical
- Strong organisational/project planning and time management skills
- Experience in working with/reporting to a Board and/or working at senior levels in an organisation
- Leadership and team management skills and experience
For more information check out our information pack HERE!!
Please apply via our website below