Supporter Care Officer
As part of the Supporter Care team, you will be responsible for maintaining high quality relationships with Canteen’s supporters and fundraisers to ensure the achievement of revenue, retention and relationship goals. This customer service role will see you forging and sustaining long term relationships with new and existing supporters to increase revenue, reduce supporter attrition and grow loyalty. While the bulk of supporter care focus is associated with Canteen’s large regular giving portfolio, this role is responsible for the provision of high levels of customer service to supporters. From excellent inbound and outbound call and email handling across all fundraising portfolios, to complaint handling, donation processing and accurate updating of supporter information in Canteen’s system(s).
The Supporter Care Officer is Canteen’s primary and front facing contact for supporters and prospective supporters. The role is responsible for providing a rich stewardship experience and is key in developing and maintaining effective relationships across a range of financial and non-financial channels. You will ensure excellent client service standards are met at all times across telephone, email, mail and online.
Is this you?
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated customer service experience and an ability to represent Canteen to supporters in a professional manner
- Similar experience in a customer service position for a charity or commercial organisation
- Superior customer service and sales skills (tele-sales, call centre, face to face sales or fundraising)
- Confident phone manner, capable of asking for money.
- Ability to identify retention opportunities and demonstrates superior retention skills.
- Excellent database and data entry skills as well as good computer skills
- Solid attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Team player with the innate ability to build relationships
- Ability to work with scripts and follow procedures and protocols
- Fundraising experience, particularly in a call centre environment
- An ability to pick up the phone and get things done – “not backwards in coming forwards” – but a recognition of the fact that there a many ways to get things done
- A strong customer focus and relationship-building skills
- A warm, friendly and engaging manner
- Professionalism and attention to quality and detail
- A self-starter, disciplined and determined approach
- Adaptable to the changing responsibilities and priorities in the team
- Enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude, including the ability to find and implement solutions to challenges that arise in achieving fundraising goals
- Team player and “getting hands dirty” when required
- Desire to work for Canteen, affinity with our Mission, desire to work with young people
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 22nd November 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.