Social Media Specialist
As the Social Media Specialist, you will be primarily responsible for implementing smart, timely and creative social media strategies that build meaningful connections with our target audiences and increase our reach.
If you are obsessive about keeping on top of the latest social trends, and think you have what it takes to leverage this and lift our social content to ‘the next level’, we would love to hear from you.
Your cover letter must include or link to examples of social content you have created that seem relevant to this role and/or Canteen’s audience.
Is this you?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Communications (or related field), health promotion or related fields, or experience in a similar role.
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in managing and growing social media communities, ideally within a complex organisation
- A deep understanding of the various existing and emerging social channels and behaviours
- Understanding of the social creator and influencer space
- Demonstrated ability to grow social media communities and increase engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write for multiple platforms and audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create high quality and engaging video, image and text-based content
- Proficiency in the following programs:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe inDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Results-driven with demonstrable social analytics tools knowledge, and the ability to turn data observations into succinct written insights
- Experience in marketing to/communicating with/engaging a youth audience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Community management experience in a health context.
- Understanding of the implications of working with under 18s from a community management perspective.
- Vibrant, warm, approachable and professional
- Obsessed with keeping on top of the latest social media trends
- High level of integrity, honesty and commitment
- Highly motivated, team player & ability to handle stressful situations
- Adaptable to change
- A high level of initiative and a disciplined and determined approach
- Attention to quality and detail
- Highly motivated and able to engender that in team members
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Desire to work for Canteen and with young people
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job type: Permanent; full-time
Hours of work: 5 days / 37.5 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.