Senior Research and Evaluation Officer – NSW
The nuts and bolts
Full Time (5 days per week), 12 month fixed-term contract
This role entails contributing to the development and evaluation of Canteen’s psychosocial services, with the aim of increasing the international body of knowledge about evidence-based support for young people affected by cancer.
This includes developing and evaluating manualised group therapy and training programs for young people with a range of cancer experiences (e.g., acceptance and commitment therapy programs for young people who have completed cancer treatment; adventure therapy programs; youth leadership and positive youth development programs).
The role also requires supporting the organisation to implement evidence-based practice by contributing to journal articles and conference papers, quality assurance projects, grant applications and reports, and media and fundraising collateral. This is achieved through collaboration with staff and clients across the organisation.
Is this you?
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Research and Evaluation Officer who is able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Honours degree or 4th year equivalent in psychology
- Demonstrated experience with designing and managing clinical/applied research and evaluation projects, particularly program or service evaluations
- Demonstrated flexibility, problem-solving ability, and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of conference presentations and publication of journal articles
- Demonstrated ability to translate research into practice
- Computer literacy, especially in MS Office, SPSS (or similar statistical package) and EndNote
- Strong attention to detail
Closing date info
Interested? Apply Now!
For more information please check out our information pack HERE!
If you have any specific queries regarding this role, you can contact Mel Noke (Evaluation Manager) on (02) 9007 0210.
Please email your written application, addressing the above criteria, together with your CV in a single document by Sunday 18th August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The preferred method of receiving applications is in electronic format as one complete document.