Senior Project Officer, YCS – Sydney
Closing February 24
Full Time, Fixed Term Position until 31st December 2020 with the possibility of renewal
CanTeen has entered into Funding Agreements with the Commonwealth Government from 2017 – 2020 to manage five dedicated hospital-based Youth Cancer Services (YCS) for adolescents and young adults (AYA) with cancer, conduct national priority projects focussed on improving AYA cancer care, and improve access to clinical trials for young cancer patients. Youth Cancer Services teams are based in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth and provide multidisciplinary care to young people diagnosed with cancer nationally.
The Senior Project Officer is responsible for providing support to the Youth Cancer Services and Clinical Trials Manager in overseeing the delivery of Youth Cancer Services and Clinical Trials initiatives. They will be responsible for coordinating multiple YCS national priority projects in partnership with YCS team members and other CanTeen and external stakeholders. As a primary point of contact for stakeholders across the Youth Cancer Services network, the Senior Project Officer will work with these stakeholders to ensure key contractual milestones are achieved. They will also be responsible for monitoring the Youth Cancer Services and Clinical Trials Initiative finances and ensuring all programs adhere to budget.
Is This You?
If you are self-motivated, enjoy a challenge and meet the following criteria, we look forward to hearing from you!
- A tertiary qualification in Business, Health or Social Sciences.
- Experience gained within either Government or Commercial sector.
- Experience monitoring multiple concurrent project budgets.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Advocacy and policy experience, including the ability to pro-actively identify emerging opportunities to influence relevant policy, draft submissions and responses to enquiries and other consultation opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong organisational/project planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner.
- Computer literacy, including in the financial management software.
For more information, please click here.