Senior Accountant – Sydney
Closing July 04
$80,000 – $95,000 per annum plus superannuation and salary packaging
CanTeen has a finance team of four that are responsible for all financial operations across the organisation in both Australia and New Zealand. As CanTeen’s remit has recently expanded and is becoming increasingly complex, a new and more senior role has been created within the team. As a senior position within the finance team, this role will be expected to lead and mentor the other members of the team as well as providing cover for the National Finance & Risk Manager.
This role will be fully accountable for month end processing and reporting, processing of donations from our regular giving program, general ledger and bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, and fundraising income analysis and reporting. The role will also be instrumental in the annual budgeting process and annual statutory reporting.
This position is responsible for ensuring that CanTeen complies with statutory requirements, provides support to cost centre managers and handles all day to day accounting matters. It is a hands-on role, but the successful candidate will be required to take initiative and a pro-active approach to their work whilst considering the strategic priorities and needs of the organisation.
Is This You?
A key to the success in this role will be the ability to not only be hands on but also be able to step back, take on additional projects and think strategically when needed. The individual will need an ambitious ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and will take on full responsibility of the day to day operations of the finance team in consultation with the National Finance and Risk Manager. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Accounting qualifications at university level and CPA or equivalent
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Excel
- Experience with accounting packages
- Previous payroll experience and month end processing and reconciliation
- Strong technical knowledge (accounting standards)
- Attention to detail and good numeracy skills
- Project management skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to write reports (to both senior management and the Board) and business cases
For more information, please click here.