Psychosocial Team Leader – Melbourne
Closing December 16
As the, Psychologist / Support Worker Team Leader, (or as we like to call it ‘Psychosocial Team Leader’, you will be responsible for delivering direct psychosocial services (e.g. carrying a caseload, Individual Support, group work facilitation), as well as overseeing and supporting the broader psychosocial team in the delivery of psychosocial services to young people who access CanTeen’s services in Victoria
This role will ensure that CanTeen’s Psychosocial Model is delivered effectively and is operating within best practice standards, as well as working alongside PTLs from other states to ensure consistency and continuity of care, in alignment with CanTeen’s psychosocial strategy. This includes, providing supervision and professional development of psychosocial staff and liaising with the Manager of Psychosocial Services.
Is this you?
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or a related field.
- Registration and compliance with relevant peak professional/governing body (e.g. AHPRA, AASW, PACFA).
- A minimum of three years post registration case management experience in a similar position.
- Current open driver’s license, ability to obtain a first aid certificate and the flexibility to travel, work weekends and evenings (with notice) are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in providing individualised psychosocial assessment, review and support planning.
- Demonstrated experience in utlising assessment measures to assist in understanding the needs of and in the coordination of care of clients/service users.
- Demonstrated experience working with relevant therapeutic models.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and leading teams in the support of young people with complex needs (e.g. DV, Child Protection, Alcohol and Drug).
- Proven experience in providing clinical support, debriefing and supervision to team members who provide psychosocial support.
- Experience working with a variety of volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in group work facilitation.
- Proven ability to facilitate groups of young people for a variety of activities
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively with regard to recreation and other program activities
- Ability to relate to young people, anticipate needs, and to present information in a clear and logical way, and with confidence, to target group
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Knowledge of legal obligations relating to activities
- Strong organisational/project planning and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and good initiative
- Good computer and digital communication skills
- A tertiary, post graduate degree, preferably clinical (e.g. MSW, Clinical Psychology, Psych Registration)
- Proven experience in providing clinical support, debriefing and supervision to counsellors
- Certified in First Aid
- ASIST or similar suicide prevention training
- Demonstrated Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) training/experience
- Mental Health First Aid
The Nuts and Bolts:
12 Month Fixed Term Contract, Full Time – 5 days per week (Maternity Leave Cover)
Interested? Apply Now!
For more information please check out our information pack – Click HERE!
Please email written applications with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and CV in one document by close date to firstname.lastname@example.org.