Psychosocial Support Worker
We are looking for a Psychologist / Support Worker (or as we like to call it Psychosocial Support Worker – PSW) to work in our Sydney team on a full time and permanent basis. The PSW is responsible for coordinating and delivering crucial psychosocial support and counselling to young people living with cancer. This involves the provision of individualised psychosocial assessment, planning and review processes, and delivering the psychosocial content of Canteen Programs. The role helps to ensure young people’s involvement in each area of our services is a priority, and that they have opportunities to access and participate in programs across Canteen.
This role will focus on service provision in South West Sydney and time will be split between the Newtown Office and South West Sydney locations.
The role is crucial in attracting referrals into Canteen’s services and promoting Canteen in the community by establishing and maintaining effective medical, psychosocial and educational networks. You will work as part of a devoted and dynamic team, supporting and inspiring young people living with cancer.
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Experience in counselling
- Demonstrated experience in providing individualised psychosocial assessment, review and support planning
- Demonstrated experience providing individualised psychosocial assessment and support planning
- Proven experience in a similar position, demonstrating the ability to relate to, and work with young people
- Experience working with a variety of Volunteers
- Good computer skills, especially MS Office
- Strong organisational/project planning and time management skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively with regard to recreation and support activities
- Approachable, ability to listen actively, friendly and professional
- High level of integrity, honesty, and commitment
- Highly motivated, team player who contributes to maintaining an effective team that is focused on achieving key performance indicators for the state/ territory
- An open and honest person who seeks and provides guidance and feedback from others including co-workers, volunteers, and Canteen service users
- Adaptable to change
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours of work: 5 days / 37.5 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 16th February 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.