Online Support Manager
The Online Support Service offers assistance to young people living with cancer anywhere in Australia and New Zealand. It is an innovative and comprehensive online service designed to meet the unique psychosocial needs of young people around Australia, via online communities for young people (Canteen Connect) and parents (Connect for Parents), which run alongside Canteen’s innovative counselling services. Counselling is provided via the telephone, webchat or video via Zoom.
Canteen is seeking a dynamic and proven leader to lead a strong psychosocial team of Social Workers, Psychologists and Counsellors who deliver a high quality and responsive service for young people whose lives have been impacted by cancer, whether their own diagnosis or that of an immediate family member. A primary function of the online psychosocial team is the provision of specialized grief and bereavement counselling and support to young people who have been impacted by cancer. The online service is integrated with our face to face services based in locations across Australia and so the Manager will also be a very effective collaborator. We are also looking for an effective leader of change.
The Online Support Manager will also manage and coordinate the Canteen Connect and Parent Connect platforms. Canteen Connect is a community for young people dealing with their own or a close family member’s cancer. Canteen Connect for Parents is a community designed to connect parents affected by cancer and provide tailored support and resources to assist with your family’s cancer journey. The Online Support Manager will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications as well as Digital Events and Programs Staff to build a thriving online community and ensure best practice and evidence based psychosocial interventions and support are provided to those accessing these online communities.
Is this you?
- Tertiary qualifications as an Allied Health Professional and full eligibility or membership with a peak professional body (i.e. PACFA, APS, AHPRA, AASW)
- Candidates will have at least 5 years of demonstrated clinical expertise in working with young people
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership and management of a similar service
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the management or leadership of a web-based/phone-based support service
- Demonstrated experience in the development of online and phone based therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrated experience in effective networking and collaboration with other service providers to build strong inter-agency networks
- High-level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially with synchronous and asynchronous chat functionality
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products.
- Demonstrated experience in working with client management databases.
- It is desirable that the applicant can demonstrate technology-based clinical practice
- Demonstrated experience in managing a service that offers telephone and online counselling
- Warm and approachable, ability to listen actively, friendly and professional
- High level of integrity, honesty and commitment
- Highly motivated, team player & ability to handle stressful situations
- Adaptable to change
- A high level of initiative and a disciplined and determined approach
- Professionalism and attention to quality and detail
- Highly motivated and able to engender that in team members
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Desire to work for Canteen, affinity with our Mission and Values and a desire to work with young people
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job type: Permanent; full-time or part time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours or 30 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 22nd November 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.