Learning & Development Manager
As the Learning and Development Manager, you will be responsible for the operation and continuing evolution of the Youth Cancer Services (YCS) professional development and capacity building activities. You will play a key role in the YCS National team, collaborating with stakeholders and experts nationally to develop and deliver high quality, relevant and engaging professional development and networking opportunities for Australia’s adolescent and young adult cancer workforce. This will include working closely with the Youth Advisory Team and individual practice streams (including nursing, allied health, psychosocial, research and medical) to ensure collaboration and targeted professional development activities.
This role will also manage the online learning and engagement platform, which includes ensuring ongoing collaboration and engagement among YCS staff located across Australia, updating platform content and resources, and arranging speakers/topics for regular webinars and professional development activities. There will be a strong focus on increasing community awareness and usage of the platform, as well as programming and activity design.
Finally, the Learning and Development Manager will be responsible for regular newsletters for both YCS staff and the broader network of health professionals and will have oversight of the YCS web pages on the Canteen website.
The Learning and Development Manager is the primary link with YCS staff members. We are seeking a proactive, flexible and skilled person to provide targeted professional development opportunities to the YCS workfor
Is this you?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, ideally in Education or Health Sciences
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in leading an organisational Learning & Development function from design & development, implementation, and ongoing management
- Exposure in providing education for health professionals is desirable
- Strong experience developing training programs for professional roles
- Experience managing online learning programs and online community platforms
- Events and conference development experience
- Experience or interest in working with young people- essential
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships internally and externally and bringing together multiple partners in support of common goals.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to think out of the square.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic workplace.
- Excellent presentation skills in both formal and informal settings.
Job type: Permanent; part-time
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 14th April 2021
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.