Junior Data Scientist
This is an exciting time to join the IT team at Canteen as we look at driving value from our investment in leading technologies such as Salesforce.com and utilizing our data to assist with better decision making. Key to this new phase is building stronger technical foundations to help facilitate more timely data driven decision making across the Business. This includes understanding how we can provide better services to our clients and better experiences to our donors to continue supporting young people affected by cancer.
As the Junior Data Scientist, you will be using SQL and other query languages to interrogate, extract and create value from data from multiple databases. You will manipulate our data and create reports to present to key stakeholders. You will lead the data integration of different systems to improve the accuracy and efficiency in the production of the reports required across donors and client data. You will also help ensure the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of our data whilst working closely with our Business Analysts to identify system improvement opportunities needed to enhance our data quality.
Is this you?
- University degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Engineering/Quantitative Finance or similar
- 3+ years of experience with Python or R
- Commercial working experience using SQL and Excel
- Experience with data visualisation tools or frameworks such as Power BI
- Experience creating predictive algorithms
- Strong business awareness on how data can help drive better business outcomes
- Strong research skills; analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex problems
- Excellent Stakeholder Management
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator with strong influencing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Extremely passionate about solving problem
- You will be a keen problem solver with a passion for data and analytics to drive better services and improved performances for our members
- Alignment of personal and Canteen core values
- High level attention to detail
- Warm, friendly and engaging manner
- Professionalism and pride in work
- A self starter, disciplined and determined approach
- Possessing an enthusiastic and “make it happen” attitude, desire to work for Canteen, affinity with our Mission
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job type: 2 Year Fixed-term contract
Hours of work: 5 days / 37.5 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 29th March 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.