Head of Patient Programs
Closing February 07
As the Head of Patient Programs, you will have strategic oversight of the implementation of the Australian Youth Cancer Service (YCS) and responsibility for the Canteen’s Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) funded clinical trials initiative for adolescents and young adults with cancer.
You will oversee and influence project partners to successfully complete project outcomes as well as managing the financial performance of YCS program and Clinical Trials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Head of Patient Programs will be responsible for:
- Strategic oversight of YCSs across Australia, YCS advisory groups, Clinical Trials advisory group, national projects, external stakeholders.
- Implementation of the Youth Cancer Service program and Clinical Trials initiative, including:
- Relationship development with all partners and stakeholders (e.g. state government health departments, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, national clinical trials groups, ethics committees)
- Oversee performance of all project partners in delivery of project outcomes
- Work with and influence project partners to ensure successful implementation
- Primary liaison between Canteen and the federal Department of Health, responsible for all reporting from Canteen to the federal Department of Health
- Manage project progress payments to/from the program/initiative
- Management of contracts with the federal Department of Health and hospitals
- Responsibility for the Clinical Trials initiative in:
- Finalising trial contracts, and monitoring progress of research throughout the life of the project to ensure delivery of milestones within required timeframes
- Managing expedited process for ethics process at all levels – national, state, and hospital
- Liaise with clinical trials app developers to support implementation of Clin Trial Refer app
- Support clinical trial nurses at each jurisdiction with promoting clinical trials for AYA patients
- Finance and risk oversight of the YCS program and Clinical Trials initiative, including financial performance and budget reporting, legal, risk, communications and compliance frameworks
- Ensure effective operations and cost-effective use of organisation’s resources.
- Preparation of reports for Canteen Board, federal Department of Health, and YCSs’ advisory groups
- Assist the GM Research & Youth Cancer Services, CEO and Finance Manager in the development and negotiation of funding agreements
- Provide proactive and evidence-based expert advice and reports to the GM R&YCS to ensure full consideration of YCS and Clinical Trials issues when making decisions/ having discussions with government and hospital senior management
- Positive promotion of Canteen and YCS via engagement with relevant key sectoral networks and committees
Is this you?
- A tertiary qualification in health, business or other relevant field. Post-graduate qualification desirable
- At least 5 years’ experience gained within Health (Government or Commercial) ideally with a particular focus on supporting and monitoring major programs, services or projects essential
- Experience in working with/reporting to a Board and/or working at senior levels in an organisation
- Leadership and team management skills and experience essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian political system, Australian health and social policy, and factors influencing policy direction and reform
- Sound financial and contract management experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality and persuasive written material such as briefing documents in a format to suit a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Interacts confidently and employs astute perception with strong listening and questioning skills
- Highly organised and delivers according to deadlines; able to manage the process of implementation by other stakeholders
- Develops and maintains strong professional boundaries
- Anticipates problems and takes initiative to implement necessary action to ensure results are achieved and risks are minimised
- High level of self-motivation and ability to think out of the square
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic workplace
- Excellent presentation skills in both formal and informal settings
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships internally and externally and bringing together multiple partners in support of common goals
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work: 37.50 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 7th February 2021.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.