Education and Careers Support Consultant
Closing July 13
The Education and Career Support Program is designed to support young people from the time of cancer diagnosis until they re-connect with education or employment pathways. The Education and Career Support Consultant will work directly with diagnosed young people ages 15- 26 years, providing an individualised strengths-based service utilising their expertise in education/employment assessment and planning to enable young people to overcome complex barriers, maximising their capacity to connect with and engage in education and career activities.
The Education and Career Support Consultant will provide support in response to referrals both internally within Canteen and also externally received from hospital (public and private), and community-based settings, and support young people at all stages of their cancer journey.
Is this you?
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Vocation, Health, Social Science or related field.
- Eligibility for registration of a relevant professional registration board or professional membership of a relevant professional organisation.
- Qualifications and or experience in community, health, welfare, vocational and educational services.
- Capacity to meet various state and national child safety regulations including suitability for working with children and criminal checks.
- Qualifications or relevant experience working in oncology or a related field. (Desirable)
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- A sound understanding of educational and vocational barriers encountered by children and young people who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness, including cancer.
- Experience in supporting young people to establish and achieve goals, including education and career-based goals.
- Comprehensive case management analysis and planning skills including needs identification, service planning, service coordination, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent IT, computer and digital communication skills
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, project-planning and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders to see projects through
- Exceptional attention to detail and great initiative
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- High level communication and networking skills
- Ability to relate to young people, anticipate needs, and to present information in a clear and logical way, and with confidence, to target groups
- Commitment to evidence-based practice and improving Education and Career Support through monitoring and evaluation processes
- Approachable, ability to listen actively, friendly and professional
- High level of self-awareness, integrity, honesty and commitment
- Highly motivated, team player who contributes to maintaining an effective team that is focused on achieving against key performance indicators for the organisation
- Open and honest person who seeks and provides guidance and feedback from others including co-workers, volunteers and Canteen participants
- Maintains calm and solution-focussed disposition under pressure; resilient and adaptable to change
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Job type: Permanent, Part-time
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 12th July 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.