Education & Career Support Consultant
Hobart or Launceston
This is an exciting opportunity to play a hands on role in designing an Education & Career Support Program that have a significant impact on the lives of young people affected by cancer. This rewarding opportunity is a part time opportunity, 15 hours per week, with flexibility to be based in Canteen’s Hobart or Launceston office.
The Canteen Education and Career Support Program is an established national program designed to support young people affected by cancer to re-connect with education or employment pathways. In 2021, Canteen will be expanding this program in Tasmania and this is were this service delivery and enhancement role will fit in for young people who have been affected by their own diagnosis, or the cancer of an immediate family member.
The Education and Career Support Consultant will work directly with young people ages 15- 26 years who have been impacted by cancer, providing an individualised strengths-based service utilising their expertise in education/employment assessment and planning to enable young people to overcome complex barriers, maximising their capacity to connect with and engage in education and career activities.
The Education and Career Support Consultant will provide support in response to referrals both internally within Canteen and develop external relationships to promote service understanding in hospitals, health, education and community-based settings.
Is this you?
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Vocation, Health, Social Science or related field.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Experience in community, health, welfare, vocational and educational services.
- An understanding of educational and vocational barriers encountered by youth
- Experience in supporting young people to establish and achieve goals, including education and career-based goals.
- Comprehensive case management analysis and planning skills including needs identification, service planning, service coordination, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent IT, computer and digital communication skills
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, project-planning and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders to see projects through
- High level communication and networking skill
- Innate Ability to relate to young people, anticipate needs, and to present information in a clear and logical way, and with confidence, to target groups
- Commitment to evidence-based practice and improving Education and Career Support through monitoring and evaluation processes
- Approachable, ability to listen actively, friendly and professional
- High level of self-awareness, integrity, honesty and commitment
- Highly motivated, team player who contributes to maintaining an effective team that is focused on achieving against key performance indicators for the organisation
- Open and honest person who seeks and provides guidance and feedback from others including co-workers, volunteers and Canteen participants
- Maintains calm and solution-focused disposition under pressure; resilient and adaptable to change
Location: Launceston or Hobart
Job type: Fixed term 12 months
Hours of work: 15 hours per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 14th April 2021
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.