It is an exciting time to join the Data and Technology team at Canteen as we look at driving value from our investment in leading technologies such as Salesforce.com and utilising our data to assist with better decision making. Key to this new phase is building stronger technical foundations to help facilitate more timely data-driven decision making across the Business. This includes understanding how we can provide better services to our clients and better experiences to our donors to continue supporting young people affected by cancer.
As the Data Engineer, you will develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, such as databases and integrations to connect our diverse data assets in automated ways. You will work closely with other members of our Data and Technology Team to understand challenges and recommend solutions that will help us improve the way we create value from our existing data. To do so, you will need to employ a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together and to identify opportunities to acquire new data from other systems. You will work with Canteen’s data scientist to design and build solutions that enable data-driven decision making
Is this you?
- University degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Engineering/Quantitative Finance or similar
- 3+ years of experience with APIs
- 3+ Experience working with cloud data storage facilities like Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake
- Expertise in querying languages like SQL and scripting languages like Python
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management and integration tools
- Strong business awareness on how data can help drive better business outcomes
- Strong research skills; analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex problems
- Excellent Stakeholder Management
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator with strong influencing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Extremely passionate about solving problems
- You will be a keen problem solver with a passion for data and analytics to drive better services and improved performances for our members
- Alignment of personal and Canteen core values
- High-level attention to detail
- A warm, friendly and engaging manner
- Professionalism and pride in work
- A self-starter, disciplined and determined approach
- Possessing an enthusiastic and “make it happen” attitude, desire to work for Canteen, affinity with our Mission
Job type: 1 Year Fixed-term contract, Full-time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week / 5 days per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 4th October 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.