Community of Practice Coordinator YCS – Sydney
Fixed Term – 12 months
Part Time – 30 hours per week
CanTeen has secured Commonwealth Government funding from 2017-20 to manage five dedicated hospital-based Youth Cancer Services (YCS) for adolescents and young adults (AYA) with cancer, conduct national priority projects focussed on improving AYA cancer care, and improve access to clinical trials for young cancer patients. The Clinical Trials Initiative provides funding for clinical research in high lethality cancers and supports greater access to clinical research for young patients treated through the YCS. To date, it has funded trials focussed on Sarcoma, Leukaemia, Brain and other advanced cancers and is driving increased awareness of available trials for AYAs in Youth Cancer Services and other hospital settings nationally.
As the Community of Practice Coordinator, you will be responsible for ongoing the evolution of the Youth Cancer Services’ Community of Practice, which supports continual learning, collaboration and sharing of expertise across a national network of AYA-focused healthcare professionals. You will play a key role in the Youth Cancer Services National team, collaborating with stakeholders and experts nationally to develop and deliver high quality, relevant and engaging professional development, collaboration and networking opportunities for Australia’s adolescent and young adult cancer workforce.
Is this you?
If you are self-motivated, enjoy a challenge and meet the following criteria, we look forward to hearing from you!
- A bachelors or higher degree in a relevant field such as health sciences, psychology, social, behavioural sciences or adult education.
- A working knowledge of the healthcare system will be a significant advantage.
- Relevant experience planning, designing and coordinating professional development events.
- Experience managing online learning systems or websites would be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships both internally and externally using strong communication and networking skills.
- Strong organisational/project planning and time management skills paying attention to detail and taking the initiative.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively while meeting the needs of a diverse professional audience.
- Demonstrated tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner.
- Computer literacy, including in the management of online content
For more information on the jole role please check out our job information pack HERE!!!!
Applications for this role will close on the 18th August 2019. Please email written applications with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and CV by close date to email@example.com or apply via our website below