Community Outreach Partner
Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne
This is an exciting new role at CanTeen that has creativity and community empowerment at its core. CanTeen has long supported young people and their families going through a cancer experience. We recognise that a key part of that support is to upskill and educate the local communities around the challenges these families experience and how best to support them.
School educators and health professionals have regular contact our young people and families impacted by cancer, but need support on how best to help them. The primary purpose of the Community Outreach Partner is to address this community need by designing and delivering purposeful education programs to raise awareness of cancer and its impacts on families.
This role will work closely with CanTeen’s support staff to both facilitate and create opportunities for community events, educational programs, and service promotion; as well as engaging with external stakeholders to develop ongoing working relationships with CanTeen.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as education, health promotion, community development, communications
- Would also consider candidates from a clinical or allied health background with a strong skill set in communication, education, and networking
- Proven experience in a similar position, delivering community education programs, networker engagement and service promotion
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles and how to tailor presentation style for different audiences
- Demonstrated experience in service promotion and event planning
- Excellent stakeholder management including rapport building, customer service, and relationship building
- Demonstrated networking skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Effective communicator who can adapt to different audiences
- Confident presentation delivery and public speaking skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Good computer skills, especially MS Office and familiarity with Client Relationship Management (CRM) databases
- Warm and engaging
- Showing initiative and working autonomously
- Professional and confident communication style
- Responsive to changing target audiences (i.e. presenting to health professionals versus families)
- Adaptable to change and agile working environments
Interested? Apply Now!
For more information please check out our information pack – Click HERE!
Applications for this role will close 17th November 2019.
Please email written applications with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and CV in one document by close date to firstname.lastname@example.org.