Business Analyst – Digital and Data
It is an exciting time to join the IT team at Canteen as we look at driving value from our investment in leading technologies such as Salesforce.com. Key to this new phase is building stronger technical foundations to help facilitate more timely data-driven decision making across the Business. This includes understanding how we can provide better experiences to our donors and to the young people and families we serve.
As the Business Analyst – Digital and Data, you will focus on helping drive business improvement and process optimisation in all areas related to our digital assets and how they connect to our data architecture. This includes collecting, transforming and documenting internal and external requirements for our digital assets, ensuring digital projects integrate with our data architecture, managing day-to-day digital and data needs as well as education, training and reporting. You will work closely with our Digital Technology Manager and with our Salesforce Business Analyst and Solution Architect to ensure all solutions align to our donor and client data architectures and will ultimately benefit our end users.
Is this you?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, sciences, or similar area.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst working with digital assets, gathering and documenting requirements, process mapping, assisting in the preparation of business cases, writing functional specifications and developing testing documentation.
- Proven understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) to ensure activities follow best practice methodologies and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in providing expert advice on digital solutions and services necessary to help achieve business outcomes.
- Proven experience in requirements gathering, scoping, process mapping/flow charts, writing functional specifications and liaising with developers to build new system features.
- Demonstrated experience managing workshops with business stakeholders and providing straightforward language advice and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience managing deliverables independently against rapidly shifting priorities to respond to internal and external demands.
- Working knowledge of data and database concepts including data models (entity relationship diagrams), data flow diagrams and data dictionaries.
- Demonstrated experience in developing test scenarios and leading the user acceptance testing (UAT) with business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills in both operations and IT environments balanced with the ability to find practical solutions.
- An understanding of the change management process with experience in drafting and delivering training materials.
- Experience with digital technologies and database architecture to support the decision-making process when selecting technologies or improving current digital assets.
- Experience with using API documentation to create requirements for specific projects.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management at all levels
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator with strong influencing skills
- Experience in presenting and facilitating workshops
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Alignment of personal and Canteen core values
- Strong work ethic
- High-level attention to detail
- A people person and intuitive networker
- A warm, friendly and engaging manner
- Professionalism and pride in work
- A self-starter, disciplined and determined approach
- Possessing an enthusiastic and “make it happen” attitude, desire to work for Canteen, affinity with our Mission
Job type: 2 Year Fixed-term contract, Full-time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week / 5 days per week
For more information about the role click here!
The closing date is 27th September 2020.
You can apply on our website below, alternatively, send your CV and covering letter address the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.