Legal Ts & Cs
Please Read the following terms and conditions carefully.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website, which is accessible over the internet at www.canteen.org.au. By using this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
This website is owned and operated by CanTeen – The Australian Organisation For Young People Living With Cancer ABN 77 052 040 516 (“CanTeen”), which has its National Office in the Sydney CBD, NSW, Australia.
Information on this website is provided for general information only and is prepared without taking into account any person’s individual needs. Psychosocial and medical information should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with health professionals.
We hope the information provided on this website is useful and answers your questions about CanTeen and more specifically about young people living with cancer.
Your use of this website
You may download material from this website and print a copy for your own personal non-commercial use, provided that you do not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on that material.
All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in this website and its contents are owned or licensed by CanTeen. Except as expressly permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and these terms and conditions, you must not reproduce, modify or adapt this website or its contents.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions do not transfer any intellectual property right to you in this website or its contents.
You must not use this website or its contents:
- so as to breach any law or regulation, infringe a third party’s rights, or breach any standards, content requirements or codes promoted by any relevant authority; or
- in connection with any information or material that may be, or that may encourage conduct that may be unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or indecent.
Linking to CanTeen’s website
CanTeen permits and encourages links to content on this website from other websites (“third party websites”). You may provide a link to this website from a third party website, subject to the following conditions:
- we ask that you notify CanTeen of that link;
- you must clearly identify the link to this website as a link to the website of “CanTeen – The Australian Organisation for Young People Living with Cancer”;
- you must regularly check the link to ensure that it remains current;
- you must not provide a link in a manner which disparages the reputation of CanTeen;
- you must not use the link for your own commercial or fundraising purposes;
- CanTeen reserves the right to cancel its consent to a link at any time and, if requested by CanTeen, you must immediately remove the link to this website ; and
- you acknowledge that CanTeen is not responsible for any information or material contained on any third party website.
Linking to other websites
CanTeen provides links on this website to other websites that are not under its control (“linked websites”). In relation to linked websites, you acknowledge that:
- CanTeen is not responsible for any content contained on those linked websites;
- CanTeen provides links to linked websites for convenience only and those links should not be construed as an endorsement, recommendation or approval by CanTeen of those linked websites, or the owners or operators of those linked websites; and
- links to linked websites may not remain current or be maintained.
Limitation of liability
You acknowledge that CanTeen:
- is not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), arising out of your use or unavailability of this website, its contents, or any linked websites;
- does not warrant that you will have continuous access to this website;
- makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of any information contained on this website, or the ability of such information to achieve any purpose; and
- is not responsible for any interference or damage to your computer system arising out of your use of this website or any linked websites.
- CanTeen excludes from these terms and conditions all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom, except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void (“Non-excludable Condition”).
CanTeen’s total liability to you for breach of these terms and conditions, or for breach of a Non-excludable Condition, is limited, at CanTeen’s option, to any one of:
- resupplying, replacing or repairing the goods;
- paying the cost of resupplying, replacing or repairing the goods;
- supplying again, the services in respect of which the breach occurred; or
- paying the cost of supplying again, the services in respect of which the breach occurred.
Changes to these terms and conditions
CanTeen may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately on publication on this website. Your continued use of this website after such notification will constitute your acceptance of the amendment. The date these terms and conditions were last updated is shown at the bottom of this page*.
Termination of access
CanTeen may terminate access to this website at any time without notice. Our limitation of liability will survive any such termination.
These terms and conditions are governed by the law applicable in New South Wales and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
If you have any questions, queries or for further information, please call CanTeen’s National Office on (02) 9007 0190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Last updated: September 2006